Hi there! I’m a Northern Virginia photographer, specializing in families, couples and lifestyle photography. My journey with photography started in 2009 as a hobby and has since grown into one of my biggest passions. I love the art that I am able to create and capture while behind my camera. Your family is beautiful and unique and I want to show you just that–snuggles with your little ones and kisses with your significant other. During my sessions my clients are able step away from the craziness of life to slow down and experience amazing moments of joy with their families and from that time I will give you photos that are truly yours and show your true self. I want your session to be fun and carefree, so come relaxed and let the kids run around and be kids. I want you to leave your session thinking “wow, that was so much fun!”
Aside from photography, I’m also wife and a mom, in addition to working full time in the association management world–life is definitely crazy, but my passion for photography absolutely keeps me grounded and feeds my soul. I enjoy scouting new session locations (which usually includes dragging my kids around for test shots) and impromptu adventures.
Let’s start planning your session today–I can’t wait to meet you and your family! 🙂
Here are some random facts about me…
- When I’m not shooting sessions, my weekends consist of family time, yardwork or some project to renovate our 40+ year old house…it was a rental for many years and needs so much love. At least now I can paint like a pro!
- I LOVE Chik-Fil-A sauce….like, I will put that $hit on everything and anything! Whatever I order at Chik-Fil-A is really just serving as the vehicle in which to get the Chik-Fil-A sauce in my mouth, as I’d probably get some weird looks if I ate it directly from the packet 😂
- No matter how hard I try not too, I always overpack for trips. I could be going to the beach for a week where I’ll pretty much live in a swimsuit and coverup all week, yet I’ll still pack several dresses, 10 different outfits and 5 pairs of shoes “just in case”…I like having options!
- I’m super indecisive…not surprising though now that you know how I pack a suitcase!
- I used to be a really tidy person, but since having kids I’ve pretty much given up the fight. If you’re ever at my house, please don’t judge me based on the amount of crap piled up on my kitchen counter.
- I enjoy going antiquing, something I hated as a kid. Now I drag my kids along to continue the cycle!
- I think I moved something like 9 times before the age of 13 and I’ve lived in Virginia the longest (over 20 years!). Now my little family lives just a few streets away from where I grew up. Sometimes I think about how adventurous it would be to move somewhere that we’ve never been, but I know I would hate being far away from our families.
- I love watching HGTV, TLC and documentaries on Netflix (as I anxiously await for season 3 of Stranger Things). I absolutely HATE horror movies, which means my husband has to go see those on his own. I won’t even watch them with him at home…I hate being scared!