Hi there! I’m a Northern Virginia photographer, specializing in families, couples and lifestyle photography. My journey with photography started in 2009 as a hobby and has since grown into one of my biggest passions. I love the art that I am able to create and capture while behind my camera.
Your family is beautiful and unique and I want to show you just that–snuggles with your little ones and kisses with your significant other. During my sessions my clients are able to step away from the craziness of life to slow down and experience amazing moments of joy with their families. From our time together I will give you photos that are truly yours and show your true self. I want your session to be fun and carefree, so come relaxed and don’t fret about everyone being perfect. I want your session to be anything but stressful.
Aside from photography, I’m also a wife and a mom, in addition to working full time in the association management world. Life is definitely crazy, but my passion for photography absolutely keeps me grounded and feeds my soul.
Here are some random facts about me…
- When I’m not shooting sessions, my weekends consist of family time, yardwork or some project to renovate our 40+ year old house…it was a rental for many years and needs so much love. At least now I can paint like a pro!
- I’m addicted to Chik-Fil-A sauce….like, I will put that $hit on everything and anything! Whatever I order at Chik-Fil-A is really just serving as the vehicle in which to get the Chik-Fil-A sauce in my mouth, as I’d probably get some weird looks if I ate it directly from the packet (which, honestly, I do anyways!).
- The Outer Banks is our happy place and maybe one day we’ll be able to retire there.
- I have a tiny (we’re talking 4.5 lbs) Chihuahua/Shih Tzu mix named Stella and she’s really the cutest thing ever.
- I used to be a really tidy person, but since having kids I’ve pretty much given up the fight. If you’re ever at my house, please don’t judge me based on the amount of crap piled up on my kitchen counter.
- I enjoy going antiquing, something I hated as a kid. Now I drag my kids along to continue the cycle! I’m always on the hunt for a good quilt!
- I think I moved something like 9 times before the age of 13 and I’ve lived in Virginia the longest (over 20 years!). Now my little family lives just a few streets away from where I grew up. Sometimes I think about how adventurous it would be to move somewhere that we’ve never been, but I know I would hate being far away from our families.