Have you booked your session with me, but are now worrying about what to wear? One thing I love is helping my clients decide on what to wear for their photos. My favorite go to is Old Navy–across each department in the store, their items coordinate well and their prices are easy on the budget. The Gap, Amazon and Target also have great items that are super cute and fun, but still very affordable. If you need some help putting together your outfits, let me know and I am more than happy to present you with some ideas!
Here are some things to keep in mind when choosing your wardrobe:
- Think coordinating, not matching.
- Fluorescents will cast colors on your skin, so steer clear of them.
- Mix and match among each individual, i.e., solid on one child, stripes on another.
- Wear clothing that you feel confident in, but don’t be afraid to step outside your comfort zone. I’m a t-shirt and jeans kind of gal, but when I put on a flowy dress, it totally changes the way I feel and how I carry myself!
- Accessorize! Choose a cute necklace, flower headband or crown for little girls or an adorable fedora for little boys.
- Mix neutrals and colors!
- When I plan for my own family’s photos, I like to start with my outfit or my girls’ and then plan around that. Men’s outfits are generally the easiest to figure out, so I always do my husband’s last.
- Don’t forget about the shoes!
- Pay attention to your nails! A full out manicure isn’t necessary, but make sure you don’t have chipped polish or dirt under your nails. I photograph hands a lot, so be ready! 🙂
- Here’s a great list from Click Magazine with 26 style tips for your next session.
- Check out my “What to Wear” Pinterest board for some inspiration, I’m always adding to it.
- Feel free to reach out to me about styling your upcoming session!